ModelRock Liquid Last Matte Lipstick

On my recent trip to IMATS 2015, I visited the MODELROCK  booth for the launch of their new liquid to matte lipsticks. In total there are currently 7 colours to choose from, priced at $23 AUD each. On the day they had an imats special '$20 each or 3 for $50'.

 I decided to choose 3 colours - from Left to Right - Crem De La Choc, Major Betsy and Coco Lava
 

                  
 Packaging
 
The packaging is a simple a black box with the MODELROCK label across it. What I love most about the packaging is the little "lips" they have on the side and at the top of the box which not only has the name but also indicates what colour is inside which is so helpful when you have a big collection. It has a long doe foot applicator which I find a bit annoying as too much product is used and these are really pigmented so a little goes a long way! but I can always use a lip brush!

 


 
 
 
 Swatch

Here is a swatch of all 3 colours on my wrist. Left to Right - Crem De La Choc, Major Betsy and Coco Lava.

 


**All my photos were taken on Friday 20th November ; the hottest day in sydney for the year. The pictures were taken in direct sunlight and may appear lighter than in person.**

Individual Swatches

  • Crem De La Choc

This colour is a light brown / mauve type of colour. I havent yet tried it on someone with fair skin but I think it will look darker on fair skinned people. This is almost a beautiful nude shade for women of colour. This will go beautifully with a smokey eye.






  • Major Betsy
This colour is a beautiful Marsala type colour - orange /  brown. The photos I took make it seem like a patchy colour but once it dries its all an even application and 1 shade darker than the colours in these pictures.



  • Coco Lava
This colour hands down has to be my favourite shade out of the 3 i bought!! I actually wish I bought 2!! This is a GORGEOUS brown with a hint os a mauve undertone -  a very subtle undertone!! I.AM.IN.LOVE!!!



Review
 On the website , Modelrock claims

"MODELROCK Liquid to Matte lipstck is a Long-wearing, ultra lightweight liquid to matte lipstick that will last for hours. Intense highly-pigmented, sharp colours, with a velvet-like feel to the lips. Wear alone or partner with your favourite MODELROCK Lipgloss.
All of our lipsticks are 100% VEGAN and CRUELTY FREE"

I agree with everything in their statement, they have got the description spot on! These colours go 1 shade darker when they dry. They apply creamy and are a bit drying to the lips but that comes with every liquid matte lippy. These colours dont flake off and arent patchy. They can be removed with only Micellar water, its also pretty kiss proof and semi transfer proof. I did go out for dinner and the lipstick lasted through a whole schnitzel meal without coming off.

 
 
THANK YOU ALL FOR READING MY SECOND POST!
HOPE YOU HAVE ALL ENJOYED THIS SWATCH / REVIEW POST
 
**FOLLOW ME**
INSTAGRAM @niinakaydee
FACEBOOK  - Niina Kay Dee
YOUTUBE - Niina Dee

Comments