Mac 'Oh Darling' Skinfinsh DUPE


When I first saw the Oh Darling highlighter it looked so familiar but I just couldn’t pinpoint where I’d seen it before. Once I got home I started swatching but couldn’t find it and it was killing me to say the least because I was sure I had it. A couple of days later as I was taking photos of my haul I remembered the brand. Excitedly I ran to the drawer and pulled out this tiny eyeshadow I had bought 2 months before the ‘oh darling’ was released, funny thing being I had actually used it on a client as a highlighter before the “oh darling’ was even introduced.

This eyeshadow is available in Australia – not too sure if its online as I checked the website and it’s still under construction.

Melissa Sassine Eyeshadow Refill in the shade ‘Devilish’

I did buy the refill which is just a pan so it easier for me to put into a Z-Palette but you can purchase the eyeshadow in a ‘pot’ if you have no intention of de-potting it.


Comparisons

·         The MAC has 9g of pigment whereas the MS shadow has 2g

·         I can’t compare the packaging because I bought the refill MS which is just a pan. keep in mind one is an eyeshadow and the other is an actual highlighter so they are different in size.

·         They both glide on and blend beautifully the MAC one was a bit harder to apply / blend at the beginning
·         The MS shadow is a slight deeper gold tone but not too noticeable when put side by side.
·         The finish of these 2 is a bit different – the MAC one almost has a ‘wet look’ finish to it.
·         The MAC highlighter did retail for $51AU [limited edition] but now it is selling for $200+ on eBay , the MS shadow is $19.50 for the refill and more for the pot.
enjoy the photos!

comparison on packaging -  keep in mind the eyeshadow was bought as a refill not in a pot 

comparison of size -  keep in mind the mac is a highlighter and the smaller one is an eyeshadow
 
colour comparison of the 2 in their pans
 
comparison of the 2 shades on my finger- this photo was taken outside so the lighting made it look different
 
Left - Melissa sassine 'Devilish'. Right MAC 'Oh Darling' - photo taken outside, lighting has made 1 look slightly darker
 
 
Melissa Sassine Info :
BassHill Plaza
Shop 55, 753 Hume Highway
BassHill   2197
PH [02] 97282077
 
Read my blog post on a dupe for Kat Von D 'lolita' that is also available at the melissa sassine store.
 
 

FOLLOW ME

Instagram : @NIINAKAYDEE
Snapchat: niinakaydee


Comments